The Arms of the University
were granted by the
Earl Marshal, the Duke of Norfolk,
on June 20, 1959.
The heraldic description is:
Coat Of Arms
"Barry wavy of six Argent and Azure on a Chief
Gules in front of a rising Sun issuant from the base of the Chief
Or between two Candles enflamed proper each surmounted of an open
Book also proper edged and bound Gold a Portcullis chained Sable."
"On a Wreath Or and Azure on Water Barry wavy
Argent and Azure in front of a Rock growing therefrom a Pine Tree
a Canoe paddled by an Indian Brave and Canadian Trapper."
Ad augusta per angusta
Achievement through effort
- The Campus
- University Library
- Communications Technology Resource
- Health Sciences North
- Research Centres, Institutes
- Academic Organization
- Co-operative Education
2006-2007 Calendar version